The following steps must be completed before admission consideration into the Physical Therapist Assistant Program:
- Apply for admission to Hutchinson Community College(HutchCC) at http://www.hutchcc.edu/admissions
- Submit official transcripts, from high school and colleges attended, to the HutchCC Records Office.
Hutchinson Community College
1300 N. Plum
Hutchinson, KS 67501
- Submit the Physical Therapist Assistant Program application between January 28 and May 20 for admission into the Fall 2019 class.
- Pre-Requisites: (must be completed prior to the start of the fall semester the applicant is applying for admission)
- English Composition I (EN 100 or EN 101),
- College Algebra (MA 106),
- General Psychology (PS 100),
- Human Growth and Development (PS 102),
- Public Speaking (SH 101) OR Interpersonal Communications (SH 210),
- College Orientation/Success Seminar (ED 105) (required if taking prerequisites at HutchCC),
- Anatomy and Physiology (with a Lab) (BI 103) (please note prerequisite in the catalog), (must be completed within 7 years of application date.)
- Medical Terminology (HR 105).
5. GPA for all prerequisite courses must be 2.5 or greater to be considered for admission.
6. Reference Letters:
- Distribute the 3 forms provided in the packet to those individual selected
- Reference letter must be returned in a sealed envelope with the individual's signature across the seal
- It is recommended applicants provide a self-addressed, stamped envelope to their references.
Hutchinson Community College and Area Technical School
Physical Therapist Assistant Program
815 N. Walnut
Hutchinson, KS 67501
Applicants with a bachelor's degree or higher and for those who have completed all prerequisite courses prior to the application deadline, May 20, 2019, will receive additional consideration.
Based upon an evaluative system for each category, the top 40 applicants will be selected for an interview. Notification of interview selection will be mailed. Notification will also be sent to those applicants not receiving an interview. Interview dates will be announced with letter verifying the applicant's selection for an interview. Interview will be conducted in early June.
If you have any questions regarding the application or about the program, please contact the PTA office at (620) 665-4956 or toll free at 1-888-Go Hutch, ext. 4956 if outside of Hutchinson
** It is the responsibility of the applicant to make sure all items are received. You may contact the PTA office to verify receipts of items. Please call 620-665-4956 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.**
Expected student outcomes are as follows:
- Demonstrate effective communication skills with patients, families, caregivers and the health care team.
- Exhibit professional behaviors and conduct that reflect physical therapy practice.
- To demonstrate effective clinical decision making in order to implement and adjust intervention as directed by a physical therapist within plan of care and report changes to the physical therapist.
- Provide interventions in a safe and effective manner as directed by the physical therapist in the plan of care.
- Collect appropriate data to determine readiness for and response to interventions.
- Document interventions and data collection findings accurately to meet the professional guidelines within the physical therapy setting.
- Effectively educate others using teachings methods based upon the needs of the individuals to include the role of the physical therapist assistant
- Demonstrate a commitment to professional growth and life-long learning.